The number of universities offering online degree options is growing significantly. These are ten of the best universities to attend online, based on graduation rates, digital student experience, student-to-faculty ratio and many other factors.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
CSU-Global was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first independent, 100% online state university in the U.S. Their career-relevant programs are fully accredited, and the Colorado State University system is one employers know and respect.
The university’s mission is to provide academically authoritative, career-focused degree and certificate programs in an adaptive environment beyond traditional higher education models. Their professionally relevant degrees undergo continual evaluation to ensure alignment with fast-changing market and industry practices and innovation.
- Voted in the Top 10 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs (U.S. News & World Report)
- Total enrollment: 7000+
- Student to faculty ratio: 26
Pennsylvania State University-World Campus
Penn State World Campus provides an accessible, quality Penn State education online to address the needs of individuals who seek a higher education beyond the traditional campus experience. Partnering with Penn State’s academic units and colleges allows Penn State World Campus to offer more than 150 degree and certificate programs developed and taught by Penn State faculty.
Penn State World Campus has been providing quality education online since 1998, advancing new knowledge, contributing to research, and enabling creative expression no matter where our students are located.
- Penn State World Campus is ranked in the Top 10 for its online undergraduate and graduate programs among the hundreds of higher education institutions included in U.S. News & World Report.
- Admission rate: 71%
- Total enrollment: 9000+
- Student to faculty ratio: 13
Liberty University is the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.
They offer 250 online programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in a variety of topics, covering social sciences, hard sciences, liberal studies, business studies, education, and more.
- Admission rate: 22%
- Student to faculty ratio: 18
- Graduation rate: 50%
Walden University has students from all 50 U.S. states and more than 150 countries pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees and certificates online in a broad range of disciplines including health sciences, counseling, criminal justice, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, social work, public administration, and information technology.
- Student to faculty ratio: 19
- 50,000+ total enrollment
Southern New Hampshire University
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 3,000 on-campus students, over 90,000 online students and an alumni network of over 84,000, making it one of the fastest growing universities in the nation.
The University offers over 200 programs, from certificates to doctoral level degrees including business, education, liberal arts, social sciences and STEM.
- Named 2017 Most Innovative University in the North and one of the nation’s “Best Regional Universities” by U.S. News & World Report
- Awarded the 21st Century Distance Learning Award for Excellence in Online Technology by The United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA)
- One of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies (2012)
- Admission rate: 79%
- Student to faculty ratio: 26
- Graduation rate: 54%
Indiana Wesleyan University
The curriculum for IWU’s online courses is specifically designed to maximize the learning experience for adults. Class sizes are capped to create an intimate learning experience.
IWU is committed to providing a comprehensive, liberal arts education by offering accredited online programs for adult students. Whether you are just beginning your education or want to earn your graduate degree they have many options including accelerated degrees in business, technology, management, leadership, counselling, education, nursing, and more.
- Admission rate: 95%
- Student to faculty ratio: 15
- Graduation rate: 65%
Arizona State University
ASU is among the best in the nation and recognized by Times Higher Education as one of the world’s most prestigious universities. They offer world-class programs from wherever you are, 100% online.
ASU’s online faculty are the same award-winning faculty who not only teach on-campus but are at the forefront of research and discovery.
- 150+ online degree program
- 6 start dates per year
- 30,000+ enrolled students
- Admission rate: 63%
- Student to faculty ratio: 27
University of Florida
With an online MBA program ranked #1 in Florida, UF is a leader in online education, allowing you to experience life as a Gator and graduate with the same valued credentials as on-campus students.
The University of Florida ranks fourth in Forbes “Best Value Colleges” (2017) and in the top ten of Kiplinger’s “Best Values in Public Colleges” (2017).
- Admission rate: 47%
- Student to faculty ratio: 21
- Graduation rate: 87%
Regen University offers 128 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University is nationally recognized as one of the best online universities — offering exceptional quality as well as flexibility.
- Regent University is recognized nationally as one of only 24 universities in the U.S. to receive an “A” rating by ACTA for its comprehensive liberal arts curriculum
- Regent is currently the fastest growing school in the nation with over 20% growth in each of the past two years
- Regent ranked #3 among the top Yellow Ribbon online schools 2017 according to Guide to Online Schools
- Admission rate: 21%
- Student to faculty ratio: 37
- Graduation rate: 51%
Florida Institute of Technology-Online
Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech) gives people the opportunity to earn their associates, bachelor, or master’s degree from one of the premier independent technological universities.
Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees in Business, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Information Assurance, Psychology and Liberal Arts are offered in 8-week terms through the Florida Tech Online programs. These programs are offered through a partnership with Bisk and are delivered through a proprietary learning management system.
- Student to faculty ratio: 32